Warriors wallop Green Buffaloes

MAGNIFICENT Kabwe Warriors yesterday beat Green Buffaloes 1-0 in a week 20 MTN/FAZ thriller played at Woodlands stadium in Lusaka.

Warriors started the game purposefully with Buffaloes goalkeeper Godfrey Silavwe  being brought to duty as early as the first minute when his defenders were caught ball-watching and failed to clear a speculative pass from Mwansa Nsofwa leading to a scuffle in the box.

Five minutes later, Buchizya Mfune could have found the back of the net for Buffaloes after a whooping shot from outside the box which Monga Ndala spilled before defenders cleared.

Warriors continued to dominate the early exchanges with Buffaloes proving to be porous at the back with the midfield allowing acres of space for Warriors to manoeuvre and the visitors would have broken the deadlock when Dick Ngwenya saw his shot missing the target by inches after being parried by Silavwe. Warriors continued tormenting Buffaloes with Japhet Kasusu missing on 16th minute while Godfrey Ngwenyta’s short was parried away a minute later while Buffaloes failed to stamp their authority and continued to absorb the pressure in most parts of the first half.

However, Warriors had to wait until the 72nd minute when Godfrey Ngwenya nicked in a brilliant header after benefiting from a speculative cross in the area from Levy Zulu to out-jump everyone and put the ball behind Silavwe’s reach.

And Red Arrows posted an identical score line at the same venue when they silenced Napsa Stars in the second game of the double header.

Arrows then went into search for another goal but Napsa held resolute at the back to maintain the score line.

Meanwhile Francis Kombe came off the bench to win it for Arrows in their 1-0 win over Napsa Stars.

Napsa had an avalanche of chances with the first clear chance presenting it just at the nick of quarter an hour played when Youremember Banda failed to score with only the goalkeeper to beat.

The pensioners continued commanding the first half with possession and were constant visitors to Arrows 18-yard box with the right wing being the main architect of such movements, but poor finishing got the best of them with Banda being the main culprit of such wasted chances.

Arrows could have taken the lead at the stroke of half time through Daniel Sibanda after brilliant movements in the area which started with George Simbayambaya but could not read the movements well with the goalkeeper already off his line.

The second half saw Napsa Stars dictating much of the early parts of the second half but poor finishing continued to characterise their quest for a goal.

However, it was super-sub Kombe who made the difference with eight minutes to the end of the game when a brilliant delivery from by Daniel Sibanda on the right wing found the unmarked himin the box and he made no mistake by stabbing a cracker from close range to send the fans to the rafters.

Categorized | Sport

Comments are closed.

Our Sponsor

Jevic Japanese Auto Inspections

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.