Kabwe reports Post to HRC

 

FAUSTIN Kabwe has lodged a complaint to the Human Rights Commission (HRC) against the Post Newspaper for causing the publication of a false story that he has been having meetings with Acting Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

Mr Kabwe, a businessman said the story published by the Post Newspaper was not only a concocted lie but also malicious bordering on deliberate subversion of justice in the cases before the courts law.

Mr Kabwe in a letter addressed to the HRC dated July 15th 2016 and copied Transparency International said the Post’s publication of a false story could not be said to be fair or professional journalism.

He said the publication of the false story by the Post Newspaper was designed to damage his reputation and prejudice court proceedings. Mr Kabwe explained he felt his rights were abused by the Post Newspaper and that the false story could not qualify for fair comment under the guise of freedom of the press. He said he was of the feeling that his rights had been trumped by the malicious and unsubstantiated story the Post Newspaper published.

“I wish to bring to your attention the issue of the story that appeared in the Post Newspaper, Issue number 7209 of Thursday July 14th 2016 headlined: Luonde questions acting DPP’s meetings with Chungu, Kabwe. The said story in the Post is not only untrue but also malicious bordering on deliberate subversion of justice in the cases before the courts of law. This cannot be fair or professional journalism when the paper publishes unverified stories or news designed to damage people’s reputations and prejudice court proceedings,” Mr Kabwe said.

Mr Kabwe said he had written to the letter to seek help from the HRC to investigate, advise and intervene in the matter so that he could secure protection of his rights.

Categorized | Home News

Comments are closed.

Our Sponsor

Jevic Japanese Auto Inspections

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.