DETHRONED Chief Mumpolokoso is allegedly fomenting plans for secession from the Bemba Royal Establishment, Chief Chitimukulu has revealed.
He also revealed that a K20, 000 was staked in the exercise by an aspiring Mporokoso parliamentary candidate.
On Tuesday, the Ilamfya Bemba Council withdrew the recognition of Albert Mumbi as acting chief Mumpolokoso after allegations that the claimants to the throne had been sponsored to secede from the Bemba Royal Establishment.
The Chitimukulu accused Minister of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs Joseph Katema of favouring some of the claimants to the Mumpolokoso throne.
“We can deduce that some of the Chief Mumpolokoso chieftainship claimants had blessing from the Minister of Chiefs and Traditional Affairs. We had said all three chiefs; Chief Mumpokolo, Chief Chewe and Chief Chimbuka be degazetted, but the minister had sent two forms to degazzete two chiefs and leaving one.
“And I personally talked to the Permanent Secretary Mr Bernard Pwete, but in response he said it is him who transferred him to Mporokoso and I should be the one to write them a letter, which I did, but the minister did not want him to be transferred and that is why we have seen that there is a hand of a minister,” said the Chitimukulu. During the Ilamfya Bemba Council meeting held on Tuesday, Paramount Chief Chitimukulu said the reason why one of the Chief Mumpolokoso claimants was bringing confusion in the establishment was because the Chiefs and Traditional Affairs Minister had allegedly been entertaining him.
He said he had written to President Edgar Lungu and Mr Katema on the Bemba Royal Establishment’s decision to dismiss Chief Mumpolokoso, Chief Chewe and Chief Chimbuka.
Mr Katema could not be reached for a comment.