ENTERPRISING teen striker Conlyde Luchanga is expected to join five-time MTN/FAZ Super League champions Zesco United on a two-year loan deal next season.
In an interview yesterday, Lusaka Dynamos Football Club vice chairperson Madalisto Kamanga said they have offered Zesco a two-year loan deal for the player.
Kamanga however said the loan arrangement had not yet been finalised as they were waiting for Zesco to confirm the offer.
“We have met with Zesco United Football Club who made a formal request. They wrote to us and we had official talks after the last game. We have offered to loan Luchanga out for a period of two years. They have even met with the player.
“But the deal has not yet been finalised because Zesco has not confirmed the offer. We are still waiting for Luchanga to return from the Under-23 Africa Championship in Senegal before making the final decision,” he said.
He said the departure of Luchanga will be a sad development for Lusaka Dynamos but they intend to beef up the squad before the season kicks off.
“We intend to buy a goalkeeper, a midfielder, two defenders and strikers to strengthen the team. We lost the experienced players that helped the team’s promotion to Super Division because they were on loan. We want to have a mixture of new and experienced legs to finish on a better place next season,” he said.
Luchanga has been instrumental in aiding Lusaka Dynamos’ survival in Super Division.
He stole the limelight in October after scoring on his debut appearance in the national team against Mozambique in the CHAN final round qualifier in which Zambia won by a 3-0 score line.
Since then, Luchanga has always made it on the Chipolopolo final team list and now he is expected to prove himself at the CAF U-23 African Championships that kick off this Saturday in Senegal.