ACC pursues Kalusha


Investigations into allegations that FAZ president Kalusha Bwalya corruptly received US$80, 000 from ex- FIFA vice-president Mohammed Bin Hammam to influence the 2022 World Cup bid have reached an advanced stage, says Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) public relations manager Timothy Moono

Moono  said the investigation were still on going and had  now reached an advanced phase.

He said ACC would  later compare its investigative notes with those of their international counterparts to make a conclusive report.

“Investigations in the Kalusha’s US$80,000 Qatar bribe have reached an advanced stage. We will compare the notes with our international colleges in their investigations. It is among the big cases we are investigating,” he said.

The ACC begun probing Kalusha last year after the Sunday Times of UK reported that the FAZ president was among other African football association presidents that benefitted from the US$5 million Qatar bribe.

Last week, football administrator Simataa Simataa wrote to FIFA to suspend Kalusha alleging for allegedly receiving funds from Mohammed Hammam amounting to US$80,000 to influence the 2022 World Cup bid as reported by the UK paper last year.

Kalusha is reported to be among over 30 African football association presidents who benefited from a US$5 million slush fund allegedly set up by Qatar, and managed by Hammam, to influence its successful bid it won in December 2010.

He is alleged to have received US$80,000, of which US$50,000 was paid into his account in 2009, and a further payment of US$30,000 followed in 2011.

Kalusha has maintained that he received US$50,000 from Hammam to help cover association expenses and that the money was accepted as a loan.

Categorized | Sport

Comments are closed.

Our Sponsor

Jevic Japanese Auto Inspections

Social Widgets powered by