Lungu rejects Post’s blackmail

The Presidency has refused to be controlled by The Post Newspaper and will not bow to the Newspaper’s demands, Special assistant to the President for press and public relations Amos Chanda has said.

Mr Chanda, who described The Post Newspaper reporting as ridiculous, said the amount of hate the Newspaper was exhibiting towards President Lungu was corrosive and had made them lose the values they stood for in the past.

And Patriotic Front (PF) secretary general Davies Chama said it was true that The Post Newspaper’s reporting on President Lungu was ridiculous.

Mr Chama said he agreed with the Presidency’s position on the The Post Newspaper.

“Who is the Post Newspaper for the entire Presidency to bow down, we don’t bow to such people and allow them to control us, they are nothing,” Mr Chama said

Speaking when he featured on ZNBC’s Sunday Interview programme monitored by Daily Nation, Mr Chanda said The Post praised President Michael Sata (late) as a revolutionary and a messiah for initiating the Link Zambia 8000 project which President Lungu has continued but   now the newspaper was opposing it.

He said The Post should go on with its hate reporting on President Lungu while they wait for their candidate Mr Wynter Kabimba to win elections.

Mr Chanda accused the cartel of having sabotaged fuel and essential drugs in the country before they handled instruments of power to President Lungu.

He said three days after Mr Lungu was sworn in as President, the country started experiencing a crippling fuel and essential medicine supply.

“…some friends of The Post were in charge when fuel supply started crippling, they were even calling themselves the A team. It was friends of The Post Newspaper who were controlling fuel before President Lungu was sworn and three days later the country experienced a crippling shortage,” Mr Chanda said

On the economy, Mr Chanda said the Zambian economy was on track, adding that the much talked about borrowing was within the country’s GDP.

Mr Chanda said government would not allow the Kwacha to go any higher more than its current status.

He said government was alive and doing everything possible to ensure that the Kwacha did not depreciate any further.

Mr Chanda said government was reacting rapidly and would in the next few days offload US$120million on the market.

On the mines, Mr Chanda said government would not tolerate dismissal of workers on account of load shedding.

Mr Chanda said if there was any need to address labour matters in the mines, Government would appropriately address them, adding that Labour Minister Fackson Shamenda was constantly talking to the mining houses.

He said Zesco had put in measures that would ensure there was no load shedding in the mines.

Mr Chanda further said all the maize grain produced would be bought by Food Reserve Agency adding that farmers who had supplied maize were currently being paid.

He said the farming inputs for the 2015/2016 farming season had already been paid for and 70 percent of it was currently being distributed to the farmers.

Mr Chanda also dismissed allegations that First Lady Esther Lungu was using public funds in her charity works.

He said Mrs Lungu was using funds raised from private sources.

And when asked to disclose where the funds were sourced, Mr Chanda said it was up to the First Lady to disclose the private sources that were funding her works.

On the allegations that the First Lady was over stepping her role by engaging in activities that would boost her husband’s political standing, Mr Chanda said there was nothing wrong for Mrs Lungu to help uplift the lives of the vulnerable people.

Categorized | Home News

Comments are closed.

Our Sponsor

Jevic Japanese Auto Inspections

Social Widgets powered by