FOOTBALL Association of Zambia (FAZ) president Kalusha Bwalya says the association might discuss Honour Janza’s contract at its next management meeting before this month-end.
Bwalya said the association was expected to have a meeting which will carry out a postmortem of the just ended Africa Cup of Nations and may also to discuss Janza’s contract.
“We shall have a FAZ meeting before the end of this month and that is where we shall discuss such matters and we may talk about his contract in our next meeting,” he said.
Bwalya said there was no need to rush in discussing Janza’s contract because he was a Zambian citizen.
He said the association had many pressing issues which needed to be addressed in this month’s meeting and Janza’s contract was not one of them.
Yesterday, Chipolopolo head coach Honour Janza failed to answer questions from journalists who wanted to find out whether he had been given a contract or not.
Janza refused to answer questions from the media over the standoff between him and FAZ regarding his contract.
Janza said he could not talk to the media about his contract.
Janza, however, said he was preparing a report on what caused the national team to be booted out of AfCON in the early stages.
He also said that the national soccer team would continue with its local monthly training camp head of future assignments.
“We have decided to continue with our local monthly camping because they have helped us to identify some players who can deliver at national level,” he said.
Janza said the first camp for 2015 would start on February 27 and end on March 1, adding that camps would be called for three or four days.
He said the technical bench was also mindful of the MTN/FAZ super league which starts next month but appealed to local coaches to assist him.
“We are mindful of the local league and we only hope that clubs will assist us by releasing players whenever we call them for national duties,” he said.
Janza said each time after the AfCON, the national team prepares for upcoming FIFA calendar events, adding that the technical bench had started to plan ahead.
He said the camp which has been called earlier would help the national team prepare for the COSAFA Cup which will be hosted by South Africa in May this year.
He said in September, the team would start preparing for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations before commencing the World Cup qualifiers in October.
Meanwhile, Janza said in 2015 players would be selected or called to the national team based on their performance.
He said players who were dropped during the 2015 AfCON should know that doors were still open for anyone who would impress him.
“Age will not be used during this year’s selection because others deliver even when they appear to be old or young. Players would be selected based on performance,” he said. Janza said he would be expecting 100 per cent performance from all the players who would want to be included in the national team this year.
He said good performance was the only medicine for those players who felt injured for being left out in the AfCON squad.