Police probe Post Newspaper shooting

THE police command in Lusaka is waiting for a report from police officers who were deployed at the Post Newspaper offices on Friday last week to ascertain who fired gunshots to disperse Patriotic Front cadres that marched there during an anti-Wynter Kabimba demonstration.

The cadres were celebrating the dismissal Mr Kabimba as Patriotic Front (PF) secretary general and Minister of Justice.

While the PF cadres were celebrating on Bwinjifumu road outside the Post Newspaper offices, six gunshots were heard from inside the premises of the media house.

This sent the cadres scampering before they re-grouped and continued chanting anti-Kabimba  and proceeded to Freedom Statue.

Lusaka province police commissioner Lemmy Kajoba said some police officers were sent to the Post Newspapers offices after they were alerted that PF cadres had besieged its premises.

Mr Kajoba said in an interview in Lusaka yesterday that he had not yet received the report from the police officers to confirm whether it were the police officers who fired the gunshots in the air or not.

“We sent officers to the Post after they phoned us and said cadres had besieged their offices. So, we sent police officers to go there to maintain law and order.

I have not received any report about the shooting,” he said.

Mr Kajoba said at the moment he was not in a position to state who fired the gunshots at the Post Newspapers office to disperse a horde of PF cadres.

Categorized | Home News

One Response to “Police probe Post Newspaper shooting”

  1. Anderson Chisala says:

    Why fighting bene Zambia !!!!


Our Sponsor

Jevic Japanese Auto Inspections

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.