HOLY Ghost Fire Christian Ministry Church Bishop Dominic Nyondo, who was charged with three counts of defilement, three counts of rape and three counts of indecent assault, has committed suicide by throwing himself into the crocodile infested Kafue River in Kitwe.
Bishop Nyondo is allegedly to have sexually abused the teenagers aged between 14 and 20 years on the pretext of exorcising spirits.
Police sources and the widow confirmed the death of Bishop Nyondo.Ms Nyondo said Bishop Nyondo, on Monday evening while he was reading the Bible allegedly told her that whatever he was going to do was due to the allegations which were levelled against him.
Bishop Nyondo is believed to have thrown himself in the Kafue river.
The bishop of House number 853 Ipusukilo townships in Kitwe was accused of allegedly having sex with three girls below the age of sixteen between April 2010 and November 2011.
He was also accused of allegedly having sex with three women without their consent between December 2013 and June 2014 and indecently assaulting three women during the same period.
The accused person was said to have undressed his victims while he prayed for them, ‘anointed’ them with milk and later had sex with them.
Three witnesses last week on Monday 11 August 2014 testified in the matter. The matter is expected in court on August 25, 2014.
And a truck driver who was charged with causing the death of 15 people in an accident on the Kitwe-Ndola road early this year has reportedly committed suicide.
This came to light in the Kitwe High Court on Monday when the matter in which Aaron Zulu, the driver in question was facing 15 counts of causing death by dangerous Driving came up for trial. When Zulu’s case was called, Senior State Advocate Katongo Waluzimba informed High Court Judge Dominic Sichinga that the state had received information that Zulu was deceased.
“We are told that Zulu was involved in another accident in SerenjeDistrict and that he was the driver in that accident. We have been informed that he committed suicide after the said accident on June 22, this year,” Mr Waluzimba said.
He said the information was availed by the arresting officer in the matter as well as the surety.
However, Mr Waluzimba said the state had requested a medical
certificate of death to confirm Zulu’s death and would avail the
necessary documents to the court as confirmation that indeed Zulu was no more.Mr Justice Sichinga adjourned the matter to September 2, this year to allow the state avail the court with the documents to confirm Zulu’s death.In March this year, 12 people died on the spot on the Kitwe-Ndola road while three others died in hospital when a Rosa minibus they were travelling in from Kitwe to Ndola collided with a truck and trailer laden with mealie meal which Zulu was driving.
Police subsequently charged and arrested Zulu with causing death by dangerous driving contrary to section 161 of the Road Traffic Act number 11 of 2002 of the Laws of Zambia.
Trial in Zulu’s matter was supposed to have commenced on Monday this week.